Thursday, March 22, 2012

Our New Beginning

My goodness life is crazy.  It's been well over a month now, and some days I feel so much less put together now than I did the day of the accident.  We've found our first four weeks each had a personality of their own. 

For those of you who've been where we're at, trying to figure out how to put life back together when every piece seems to have shattered and flown to a different, dusty corner, I hear the journey is much the same for us all.  I guess we'll see if that rings true or not. 

Week 1:  Life was a big. fat. blur. 
A crazy haze of family and friends, in and out of the house. 
Enough food to start our own soup kitchen. 
Us sisters camping out together...cuz sleeping alone? not gunna happen. 
A basketball game to attend in which our wrestlers were honored, t-shirts were worn in honor of Mom and Dad, and my little second graders had a bake sale for our family, along with other donations. 
And of course, the visitations and funeral.

Week 2:  Reality had not yet set in.
Our aunt and my dad's parents stayed with us. 
We went about our lives.
School continued.
And I went on a college visit to Liberty University with my dear cousin, Carrie! :)

(check out our facebook pages for more details on this awesome trip!! :) )

Week 3:  Reality hit.
The house got quiet.
Every minute we were there alone, it felt like Mom and Dad should come walking through the door at any moment.
Life was hard.
The world around us went on while we were stuck with our new reality.

Week 4:  Our new, temporary "normal" set in. 
For a few days, God gave us a little break.
For whatever reason, life was a bit better. 
The cloud was not as thick, and we were able to breath.
And then reality would hit. 
Tears would stream all over again, and for a while our hearts would be left broken.
The ups and downs came unexpectedly.


And they still do.  I'm not really sure what "normal" is, but we cry when we need to.  And thank the good Lord for giving us moments of laughter!

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you Nicole, and your sisters and brother! Let me know if there's anything I can pray for specifically. :)
    Love to you all!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,
    Thank you so much for sharing your heart through this blog. Your writing style is amazing and I find myself entering your world through your words. Know that even though the hugs may be fewer than the first week, the prayers continue for you and the rest of your family. You are all such precious children of God and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is holding you in the palm of His hand.

    ReplyDelete